seg fault after install vasp 5.3.5

Questions regarding the compilation of VASP on various platforms: hardware, compilers and libraries, etc.

Moderators: Global Moderator, Moderator

kkohlstedt
License Nr.: 5-2164

seg fault after install vasp 5.3.5

#1 Post by kkohlstedt » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:49 pm

Dear Vasp Admins and Users,

I have been able to compile many different flavors of vasp 5.3.5 e.g. vasp, vasp-gamma, intel-12.1.3, intel-14.0.2, serial, parallel. Yet all of the binaries fail and end with a segmentation fault after entering the main loop. The test file is just a CO2 molecule and runs successfully with an older vasp 4.6 binary. Debugging shows the interrupt occurring in the hamil_mp_hamiltmu_ () function. The makefile is very similar to the linux_ifc_P4. I am using mpif90 from an installed opempi-1.6.3 (compiled using intel-12.1.3) and ifort from the same intel install. The FFTW library was from the mkl/interfaces/fftw. Instead BLAS= -lguide -lmkl, I used BLAS= -lpthread -lmkl. I have tried the same makefile on two separate clusters and the problem is the same. Please advise on how to fix this problem. Attached are the INCAR and POSCAR files and the Makefile (truncated after general rules as I didn't change anything).

Thanks for your help,
Kevin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

admin
Administrator
Administrator
License Nr.: 458

Re: seg fault after install vasp 5.3.5

#2 Post by admin » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:57 am