Help with NEB (VTST)

Question on input files/tags, interpreting output, etc.

Please check whether the answer to your question is given in the VASP online manual or has been discussed in this forum previously!

Moderators: Global Moderator, Moderator

lavrenty_gutsev

Help with NEB (VTST)

#1 Post by lavrenty_gutsev » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:03 pm

I have a problem with NEB, the VTST were properly installed with our binary and I tested it for the primitive FAPbCl3 cell, I rotated the FA successfully using the VTST nebmake.pl tool; however, when I tried to recreate the same exact calculation for 2x2x2 supercell it does not work. I tried to make my own, spherical interpolation steps by using the ASE package and programming the rotation to happen in discrete steps, that did not work either. What happens during the calculation is that the FA in question simply "explodes" inside its cell. Please help, files attached, this configuration worked fine for the primitive.
The POTCAR isn't attached but they're all according to the materials project standards: i.e. standard except for Pb which is Pb_d.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

henrique_miranda
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Help with NEB (VTST)

#2 Post by henrique_miranda » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:03 am

Could you please attach the INCAR files as well as the OUTCAR with the primitive and supercell runs?

lavrenty_gutsev

#3 Post by lavrenty_gutsev » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:15 am

henrique_miranda wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:03 am Could you please attach the INCAR files as well as the OUTCAR with the primitive and supercell runs?
Our computer is down currently , I will send the OUTCAR of the failed runs and successful OUTCAR/POSCAR/INCAR of primitive in a few days.

lavrenty_gutsev

#4 Post by lavrenty_gutsev » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:34 pm

Hi, sorry that it took me a while to get back to this. I zipped up the INCAR as well as the halfway point of rotation for both runs, you can see in the OUTCAR file that for the 2x2x2 supercell the geometries of the organic groups fall apart, I am not sure why that is , I checked to make sure the POTCARs are right so I dont think its the wrong potentials.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lavrenty_gutsev

#5 Post by lavrenty_gutsev » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:51 am

Hi, any ideas on what the issue is?