BSE dielectric function of spin-polarization systems

Question on input files/tags, interpreting output, etc.

Please check whether the answer to your question is given in the VASP online manual or has been discussed in this forum previously!

Moderators: Global Moderator, Moderator

yuanchang_li

BSE dielectric function of spin-polarization systems

#1 Post by yuanchang_li » Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:24 am

Dear all,
Considering the spin-polarization system, I have another question that how to obtain the imaginary part of the BSE dielectric function with contributions from individual spins? (example shows in the attachment)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

marie-therese.huebsch

Re: BSE dielectric function of spin-polarization systems

#2 Post by marie-therese.huebsch » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:45 am

Dear Yuanchang Li,

Thank you for bringing up this topic. It currently does not work out of the box, but it might still be achievable. This will involve changing the source code of VASP.

Could you share the reference of the figure you posted? And maybe additional references that discuss the spin-resolved dielectric function of BSE calculations. I would like to understand in which context this is used and what one can learn from it. It would be great if you can explain it!

Best regards,
Marie-Therese

yuanchang_li

#3 Post by yuanchang_li » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:23 am

Dear Marie-Therese,
I'm sorry for the late reply.
Actually, it is one of our previous works. Here is the URL. https://journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/1 ... 122.236402.
While the results are obtained from the Quantum Espresso package and the YAMBO code.

Best,
Yuanchang Li

marie-therese.huebsch

#4 Post by marie-therese.huebsch » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:58 pm

Dear Yuanchang Li,

The BSE routine is called with a spin variable in chi.F(line 1177): CALL CALCULATE_BSE(...). If you change that to 1 or 2 manually, VASP will calculate BSE for this specific spin channel. You can compile VASP to create an executable for each spin channel respectively. We suggest trying to reproduce the results you obtained in your previous work first to see if it is consistent.

I hope this helps. Sorry, this is not an integrated feature.

Best regards,
Marie-Therese