Wrong density of states

Questions will be moved to this forum when we consider them out of scope for support from our side: for instance when we do not have the necessary expertise to come up with an answer.
Another user still might, though!

Moderators: Global Moderator, Moderator

musanna_galib
License Nr.: 20-0330

Wrong density of states

#1 Post by musanna_galib » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:30 am

Hello,

I am trying to validate a paper's density state. My structure (Na48_V32_P32_O128_F48) is optimized up to 0.01 eV/A. However, my DOS plot seems different than expected using p4v. No band gap at fermi energy! and the density/states is very high while PDOS is very low. I am adding my files here. Please give suggestions on this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MG

henrique_miranda
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Wrong density of states

#2 Post by henrique_miranda » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:18 pm

I moved your question to the 'From users to users' forum since this falls out of the scope of what we can help our users with.
Looking quickly through your input files: did you try running a spin-polarized calculation?
Perhaps some other users with more experience with this material can help you.

musanna_galib
License Nr.: 20-0330

Re: Wrong density of states

#3 Post by musanna_galib » Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:26 am

Hello,

I tried with spin-polarized calculation (ISPIN=2), and the DOS for up-spins seems similar to the journal's plot. However, the bottom-spin DOS plot seems to have shifted. I am adding my files here. Please give suggestions on this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MG