"No downloads available"

Questions regarding the compilation of VASP on various platforms: hardware, compilers and libraries, etc.

Moderators: Global Moderator, Moderator

nroberts

"No downloads available"

#1 Post by nroberts » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:41 am

Hello, I was recently given licensure for my institution's VASP subscription. However, when I click "Releases" to begin the installation process, I am not provided with the source code and it states in each release that there are "No downloads available."

I assume that there are additional permissions that I need to be given. If this sounds more like a bug, what should I do?

Thank you!

pedro_melo
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: "No downloads available"

#2 Post by pedro_melo » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:18 am

Dear nroberts,

Were you given the credentials to login on the portal? And does your group have a valid license and is the information on your profile tab correct?

Kind regards,
Pedro Melo

nroberts

#3 Post by nroberts » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:46 pm

Thanks for the reply, Pedro

I was registered as a user of the VASP software and have access to the portal (license number 21-0206). My professor has a valid license and the information on my profile is correct.
Last edited by nroberts on Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pedro_melo
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#4 Post by pedro_melo » Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:15 pm

Dear nroberts,

You have a "standard license" which means that you have access to forum support and may use precompiled executables at HPC sites. I believe your supervisor will have to download the source code for you, or at least give you access to a machine where you can use it. He is the one with the "License Signatory"/"Primary contact Person" designation for your group.

Kind regards,
Pedro Melo