Cannot find the "vdw_kernel.bindat" and "vdw_kernel.bindat.big_endian" files in vasp-portal.

Questions regarding the compilation of VASP on various platforms: hardware, compilers and libraries, etc.

Moderators: Global Moderator, Moderator

hszhao.cn@gmail.com

Cannot find the "vdw_kernel.bindat" and "vdw_kernel.bindat.big_endian" files in vasp-portal.

#1 Post by hszhao.cn@gmail.com » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:19 am

I cannot find any information above the "vdw_kernel.bindat" and "vdw_kernel.bindat.big_endian" files in vasp-portal.

Any tips for this will be helpful.

Regards,
Zhao

hszhao.cn@gmail.com

Re: Cannot find the "vdw_kernel.bindat" and "vdw_kernel.bindat.big_endian" files in vasp-portal.

#2 Post by hszhao.cn@gmail.com » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:33 am

I tried a search through the whole source code of vasp.6.4.2 and found the following entries:

Code: Select all

werner@X10DAi:~/Public/hpc/vasp$ find . -regextype posix-extended -type f -iregex '.*/vdw.*kernel.*'
./src/vasp.6.4.2/testsuite/tests/CuC_vdW_RPR/vdw_kernel.bindat
./src/vasp.6.4.2/testsuite/tests/CuC_vdW/vdw_kernel.bindat
I'm not sure if this is the distribution method for these files in the currently released version of vasp.

Regards,
Zhao

alexey.tal
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Cannot find the "vdw_kernel.bindat" and "vdw_kernel.bindat.big_endian" files in vasp-portal.

#3 Post by alexey.tal » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:55 am

Dear Zhao,

The vdw_kernel.bindat.gz and vdw_kernel.bindat.big_endian.gz files should be available on the VASP portal right below the link for the source code. Are you able to download the source code from the portal?

hszhao.cn@gmail.com

#4 Post by hszhao.cn@gmail.com » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:11 am

Dear alexey.tal,

I'm a standard license member, so I cannot download the source code.

Regards,
Zhao

alexey.tal
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#5 Post by alexey.tal » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:47 am

Only the license signatory or primary contact person of a license can download the code, pseudopotentials, etc. You should ask her/him to download vdw_kernel.bindat.gz and vdw_kernel.bindat.big_endian.gz files and forward them to you.

hszhao.cn@gmail.com

#6 Post by hszhao.cn@gmail.com » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:51 pm

Dear alexey.tal,

Got it. Thank you very much for your explanations.