VASP.6 is not yet released. Features that are likely to be released and already documented are enumerated below. However, it needs to be understood that some features that are listed below might not become available in the first release of VASP.6, though, they likely to become available on the long run.
Features that are scheduled for release with VASP.6 include
- Hybrid OpenMP and MPI paralellization
- OpenACC to support GPUs
- X-ray adsorption spectroscopy (XAS)
- Time evolution code to quickly determine frequency dependent response functions for DFT
- Adaptively compressed exchange (speeds up Davidson algorithm by factor 2-3 for hybrid functionals)
- Cubic scaling RPA and GW, including forces for insulating systems (relaxation, MD and phonons are internally supported)
- Finite temperature RPA
- Constrained RPA to obtained screened U
- Laplace transformed and stochastic MP2 (suitable for large systems)
- HDF5 file support
- Interpolated phonon dispersion relation (at arbitrary q-points)
- Electron-phonon coupling using stochastic displacements of atoms (applicable to most observables)
- Electron-phonon coupling using Wannier interpolation
- Dielectric range-separated hybrid functionals in which the mixing parameters of Fock exchange are fully nonempirical and determined from the dielectric function
- SCAN + rvv10 support
- xclib support for gradient corrected functionals
- Improved and unified error handling
- Numerous bug fixes
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "VASP6"
The following 31 pages are in this category, out of 31 total.